1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good news for In Demand cable subscribers?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Mar 21, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2007/03/21/cable_may_keep_out_of_town_baseball_games/

NEW YORK --Baseball's "Extra Innings" package of out-of-market games might wind up staying on cable television.

IN Demand said Wednesday it will offer to match the terms of DirecTV's $700 million, seven-year deal with Major League Baseball on behalf its owners, who are affiliates of the companies that own Time Warner, Comcast and Cox cable systems.

As part of the offer, iN Demand also said it would carry The Baseball Channel when it launches in 2009 to at least the same number of subscribers who will get the channel on DirecTV.

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I was just getting ready to post this. Lucky I checked.

I'd say this is good news, but in its infinite wisdom MLB will find a way to shit this up somehow. Until you hear Bud Selig say otherwise, I'd say start cheering.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Kind of a red flag went up to me when Dupuy said he knew nothing about the deal.
    That being said, my wife has taken back the divorce papers and plans to move back to her parents so she can watch the Yankees.

:D

4. markvid

markvid Guest

And now we know why Dupuy wouldn't comment...he says the deal is not what InDemand says it is, which is done.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2806948

5. rascalface

rascalface Member

Let the lawsuits begin!

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

With Dish Network, it still looks like I'm screwed on this one. I've got an S-connection on my TV. Can I buy a cord with a USB connection on one end and an S-connection on the other to allow me to get the Internet version of it and watch it on the TV that way?

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You know what? All this publicity is making me one the baseball package. And I have Time Warner cable, so I suppose if this cable deal went through I could get it. I might just be tempted to think baseball is thinking of people like me if it chose the cable deal, so I would be more encouraged to get it. I wonder how many of me there are out there.

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Well, this'll go to court.

Draft saved Draft deleted