1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good Morning SEATTLE - Full Day No. 1

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You guys need to appoint a secretary.

There's too few updates.

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Well, it's a conference of sorts. Hopefully photos don't end up online of him doing keg stands and body shots.

3. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I'm sure Cadet's educating him... :p I mean... um... it's a good excuse. :)

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Eating lunch in Pioneer Sq. right now w/ Moddy and the Queen, M-Meat, DocTalk, SC, Cadet, dreunc, IJAG, pall. Joe and ducky and GBhack and ServeItUp are still hiking. ... My next stop is Ebbets, then the game later.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

A couple of suggestions for hanging out before/after the game:

Hooverville, 1721 First Ave. S, about two blocks south of the home plate entrance, on the other side of First. Great beer selection, peanut shells on the floor, pinball. The preferred player/broadcaster/writer place.

http://www.nwsource.com/entertainment/music-nightlife/bars-clubs/hooverville-harkens-back-seattles-past

Elysian Fields, 542 First Ave S, actually best to enter from Occidental, which is the alley-like street that runs along the west edge of Qwest. The bar is across from the north lot of Qwest, just a few blocks north of Safeco. More upscale, but I'm pretty sure you're stuck with their beers, which I've found to be only so-so.

http://www.elysianbrewing.com/Fields.html

Also, the Pyramid beer garden thing across the street is cool for pregame, but they don't stay open for postgame, because they apparently hate money.

I'm working the game, but I'll call to see where people are afterward ...

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

I can't believe I'm about to admit this, but I guess the truth will get out soon enough.

I've been sick aka hungover ALL day long. :( I'm finally about to leave the hotel. And yes, I know it's almost 2:30!

Word to the wise: Do not try to "keep up drink for drink" with this crew.

7. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

This must mean you lost your bet with Wicked

8. lono

lono Active Member

I'm walking back to the hotel when a woman walks up to me and screams at the top of her lungs, "How dare you fucking walk past me in silence!"

Guess I look her husband.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm back at the hotel after lunch and the Market (I got some cute stuff). About to grab a quick nap before meeting up with everyone else in about two hours to head to the game.

I had water with lunch. The other table had at least one pitcher, if not more. :)

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Tonight's game (and Saturday's) is on TV. I expect to see some insanity from the SportsJournalists.com crowd so you get some air time. But no kissing.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Just back to the room for a quick change before heading out. Great day thus far. The Market, Pioneer Square. Queen got some new shoes. We spent a total of $300 in two bookstores. Enjoyed the lunch Buckweaver just described, very much. Bought two shirts in the store he found. Good crowd of folks, ALL of them online at lunch updating us with the sad news about Tim Russert. The Queen loves Meet the Press and is very upset.

Highlight of the day thus far, for me anyway - behind me in line at the original Starbucks? Wil Nieves. Exceptionally nice guy, seemed to appreciate there was at least one Nats fan way out here. He enjoyed hearing about my reaction to his first (and so far only) major league home run. Ondeadline and GoodDoc - that was the one that beat the Cubs.

Met Mr. Sxy. Still waiting to see my ol' pal Sxy herself! How we feeling old gal??

Know nothing of any walks of shame.

12. lono

lono Active Member

Administering the shocker, however, is perfectly acceptable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.