1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good morning, Gentlemen. Welcome to another SJ.com Awards vote.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rachel Phelps, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Some good candidates for top newb: JakeandElwood, Grimace, waterytart, I Digress, Wenders and Magic In The Night.

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Also, I don't think Top Feud will go over too well with the mods. They don't seem to be into rewarding negativity.

But the correct answer is always BYH and Take A Wild Guess (not Mikey or spnited). Although, Mizzou vs. everyone (during the election) was up there.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

For subject line of the year, for your consideration Chef's often parodied, but never surpassed "Me, a 12-pack of Coors, a razor, and a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide." A stunning 32-page magnum opus based on impaired judgment, poor foot hygiene and an appalling lack of empathy.

The critics said of the post:
    "Wow, that doesn't sound like a a good idea at all." - Angola

"Um, this will not end well?" - IJAG

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Another note: campaign for something or someone, not against something or someone.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So glad we have the awards police here to guide us.

6. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Wasn't campaigning against an individual. However, for the last three years (including the same person doing it the last two), there's been a Best (Worst?) Troll award in the initial post, and the mods have balked.

Just saving everyone the trouble is all.

7. dooley_womack1

Wasnt talking about anything you did, just stating in general. For example, say why Bubbler should be on the first team, not why he shouldn't

8. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Ah. Gotcha. Well, Bubbler sucks. ;)

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

i'm just happy to be mentioned in this thread. thanks dan.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Another possible category: The Golden Cricket for most threads initiated without a single reply.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

You?

And I think troll of the year could work, as long as it's not discussed in this here thread. You know, like the button.

12. dooley_womack1

All-time-best feud: Hoops vs. the shift key.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.