1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good morning, Gentlemen. Welcome to another SJ.com Awards vote.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rachel Phelps, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rachel Phelps

Rachel Phelps New Member

I'm not sure what happened with the awards this year, but I never heard a word about them. I apologize if I’m stepping on other toes, but if we’re going to do this, why wait any longer? Listed below are the categories along with a couple guidelines. Please send all votes via PMs, so we don’t sway the outcomes. The top vote-getters from the All-SportsJournalists.com, All-Rookie and All-Canada teams will be crowned champion of his or her respective divisions. The Troll of the Year was a questionable award last year, so I’m leaving it up to majority rule. If more votes than abstentions are cast, I’ll name the "winner." There will be three All-SportsJournalists.com teams, but please vote for only five members. The top 15, according to vote totals, will make the cut. Only members who signed up on or after Dec. 1, 2007 are eligible for the All-Rookie Team. Here is a starting point: http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/members/ Open discussions on posts, threads, feuds and members are encouraged. The voting deadline is 8 p.m. Monday, Jan. 12. I’ll do my best to get the ballots counted and released by midnight. All-SportsJournalists.com teams: Vote for five members; three teams will be distributed. All-Rookie Team (members who signed up after on or after Dec. 1, 2007): All-Canada Team: Thread of the Year: Post of the Year: Troll of the Year (optional): Feud of the Year:

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Sock puppet, boooo!

;) Better late than never, I'd say.

3. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Troll of the Year has never been allowed. Ever.

Also, don't vote for me. I'm not a newbie, even though my profile says I am.

Thank you.

4. dooley_womack1

Thread of the year still has to be three bags full doing a running account of his wife giving birth. If that doesn't say dedication to sj, I don't know what does.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

No Avatar of the year? Will there be finalists that everyone can vote on? And how about "thread subject line of the year."

6. dooley_womack1

Post of the year? So many good ones, but I draw a blank. Here's where suggestions will be most helpful.

7. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

It's a sham if this doesn't win best post:

8. dooley_womack1

There's some Asian guy who should be a shoo-in for member of the year

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm just going to track your posts over the past year. "Headdress" was one of my favorites.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I think we should have Subscriber of the Year.

Or how about Least Convincing Sock Puppet? I vote for Willie Mays Hayes or Lou Brown. :D

11. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

My favorite dooley post was the time he took someone's post and altered it into something embarrassing to the poster. That was awesome.

12. dooley_womack1

Yeah, Word Association is a treasure trove of candidates, mikey.

And buckdub, you read my mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.