1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good Luck to Birdscribe

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gold, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Kick ass Birdscribe.

Just don't be a pansy. Bet the house during Final Jeopardy. :D

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Don't be a Clavin...

And if you don't know the answer during final Jeopardy, write the verses of the Rodeo Song... that will impress Alex...

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'The Penis Mightier' for $1000.

4. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

"I'll take Jap Anus Relations for $400, Alex."

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Who are three people who have never been in my kitchen?

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Good luck, Bird.

I took the online contestant test last night. Always a humbling experience. Anyone who gets through that is a f'n stud in my book.

7. Gold

Gold Active Member

I don't think we will be able to get a result, but we can get an air date. Usually, it airs about six weeks after it is taped.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Good luck Birdscribe!

And for those interested in following his path, there's an online test tonight and tomorrow on jeopardy.com to advance to site auditions.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I'm having a premonition...
    [​IMG]

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

... and now I'm seeing the board Scribe's won with...

[​IMG]

11. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Don't know about Birdscribe but the gal tonight was hot with gigantic juggers and finished third so you know she's not too smart to be dangerous.

Sorry to be so sexist ... I'm a little riled up right now.

12. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Killick, that was one of the coolest things I've ever seen! I should have been so luck to get that board. Hilarious ;D ;D ;D

The mass love from SportsJournalists.com Nation is greatly appreciated. I can't divulge any details, other than the initial air date is APRIL 3.

And Playthrough, the online test was a ball-buster. I took it last January and it handed me my ass. A month later, I'm sitting in Hawaii in the media center at an event and I get this e-mail saying I passed and they wanted me to come to an audition.

Three days later, I'm sitting in a hotel in Culver City, Calif. with 20 other folks. Took another 50-question test that was infinitely easier, played a practice game and went through a mock interview with the contestant coordinators. Thought I did fine, but you never know about these things or what they're looking for. They get more than 100,000 people audition a year and they take 400.

In September, I get the call. Went for an initial taping in October. The way it works is they tape 5 shows a day Tuesdays and Wednesdays. There are 12 in the daily contestant pool. The day I was there, 9 were out-of-towners, meaning they had to get on. That left three of us -- including the English guy who's on now -- for one spot. He didn't want to go on, so that left me and another guy and they drew his name.

The experience was an absolute blast. I'll leave it at that for now, other than to say this was a cool 2K post.

Draft saved Draft deleted