1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good Lord - MG stock price

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Nov 20, 2008.

1. bob

bob Member

Gatehouse Media today : 5 cents. Original price just about a year and a half ago (should that be hyphenated? Another thread, I guess): about 21 bucks.
    Is there a media stock that isn't tanking?

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Peace be with you.

3. KP

KP Active Member

4. And they're both full of shit

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Good times...the RT-D redesigned its site. It looks impossibly worse than the joke of a site that was there when I worked there.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/

Even better: the reader comments...

http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/local/article/the_new_timesdispatch.com/118303/#comments

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Not the usual reader comments, either: they're literate.

And universally negative. :D

7. imjustagirl

I just clicked on the second story from the "Continuous News Desk," about the U.Va. fullback, and it took me to some completely different page. Awesome.

8. Smartwriter

Smartwriter Member

Isn't this the same design all MG papers have? Winston-Salem's site is very similar.

9. imjustagirl

Wouldn't know. I just tried to open up journalnow.com and it's still spinning.

After more than a minute.

Thanks, MG!

10. imjustagirl

On second look, it is similar to W-S, though Richmond took the opportunity to get rid of a second column of headlines below so they can run house ads.

Tampa's doesn't look like this though. And since that's the paper screwing everyone else, they deserve to have the shitty site too.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

There are so few papers now with sites that are well designed that this one doesn't even bother me.

12. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Hey, it's happening all over.

My company's stock is down from a high this year on the 40s to 5-bucks-plus.

I seriously think, for 401k matches and such, it IS a buying opportunity. I just don't look at my 401k anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted