1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good Karma for Jim Furyk

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Sep 26, 2010.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Wins the Tour Championship and its $1.3 million prize, the wins the $10 million end of the season prize, and will probably be the Player of the Year.

This after being disqualified from the first end of season tournament for oversleeping and missing the pro am. He didn't complain (at least publicly) about the suspension, although the rule was was obviously a stupid one, since the PGA almost immediately changed it.

Never met the man, but he's reportedly a stand-up guy and one of the most respected and well-liked player on the tour. I do know he's one of my favorite players, very talented but also somewhat of a career grinder.

I can't imagine standing over a 3-foot, $11.3-million putt, in the pouring rain to boot.

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Very good guy. He'll give you time for a 1-on-1 (did it for me several times) unlike others.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Concur on the good-guy part. And good for him.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

One of the ugliest swings in professional golf history, but consistent and steady, and known to be a very good guy.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I suppose standing over an $11.3 million putt is somewhat easier knowing you still get about $3.8 mil or so if you miss...but yeah, good win and a good guy.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Man, I think you're at your highest post total ever

Draft saved Draft deleted