1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good idea... or GREAT idea!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by McNuggetsMan, Mar 20, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'll put the over/under at 2008. Seriously.

Any guy who is THAT clueless has very little hope at the give-and-take that is involved.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Oy.

Here's the first mistake: 'You can pick the song!' did not mean you can pick the song.

It meant, 'Let's see how well you really know me, and whether you can pick a song that I would have picked.'

Your only move is to pick several songs, tell her each one means a lot to you, and you'd like her opinion.

Going with Rafferty pretty much guarantees that during her one shining moment, she's going to be thinking, 'I cannot believe I married this schmuck.'

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

In fact, it could down on his number of potentially shining moments.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

wow, bet McNug is sorry he asked now. Tough love from the SportsJournalists.com relationship therapists.

Only trying to help, I'm sure. And you can throw out all the rest from the testosterone set, but I'd take the posts from the ladies on this thread to heart.

5. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

Nah, we'll be fine. I am about as low maintenance as you get. As long i get my chair and get left alone on the third thursday and third friday of march every year. I am fine.

She gets the limos, the flowers, the location, the meals, the rehearsal dinner, the tuxes, the dresses, the linens, the plates, the DJ, the cake, the registry and to spend money however she wants. I get the 20 second reception intro song. It's a pretty fair trade.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

You keep on believing that, McNug.

Remember it the first time it comes up in an argument.

That's her first introduction as your wife. She doesn't want to be introduced that way. Respect her. Find something agreeable to BOTH of you, rather than loved by one and loathed by the other.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

What IJAG said, and if you think it won't be brought up everytime the two of you argue . . . well, you have next-to-no understanding of how women fight/communicate/etc. with their S.Os.

8. Hey, how about "One Shining Moment"?
    (Ducks)

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Listen to IJAG and Sportschick... please!

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

It neither began, nor middled well, either.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Listen to the women.

Back away from this thing.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Listen to the women, not to mention most of the men, on this thread. Rarely is SportsJournalists.com so unified on any one issue. If this many people all feel the same way when answering your initial question, it just might be for good reason.

Draft saved Draft deleted