1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good idea... or GREAT idea!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by McNuggetsMan, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

He's right.
    If you pitch a more traditional idea now, she'll tell you she really didn't like last night's idea.

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Hell, I'm going on six months and I've already learned. Although I have the best wife in the world (she may look at this sometime).

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Rafferty isn't what you want here. If I may ...

YOU MAY NOW KISS THE BRIDE
    HER MAMA BEAMS WITH PRIDE
    A WONDROUS VOYAGE YOU WILL TAKE
    LET'S ALL HEAD DOWN FOR SOME CAKE
    HA HA!
    RIGHT HERE ... ON CBS!

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Ag
    Agreed. Sounds like your treading on thin ice right now.

"Well, if that's what you really want to do, I guess we could." = No 'effin way, and if we do end up doing this, you'll pay for this for a long, long time.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I agree with the previous three. Don't do it. Find another idea. She's just doing it to appease you, not because its something she likes. It's the wedding. Make it a truly special day for her and pick something else.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

What she really said was:

STUPID STUPID STUPID idea

7. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Learn to pay attention to that look rather than what she actually says. It'll make for a much happier marriage.

8. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

She gets everything else. I get the stupid song. Our relationship is pretty simple.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

McN: Seriously. Don't do this. You think she's fine with it, but then, six months down the road, when you all disagree, she'll say "YOU'RE the one who ruined our wedding with that STUPID song. And now you won't even do this one thing for me?"

And she'll keep using it for as long as you're married.

Don't. Do. It.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound right to me. "If that's what you really want to do, I guess ... " means dumb idea, hopefully he collects his common sense in time to figure this one out on his own. Don't do it. But that's just me.

11. I've got to say, I'm with the consensus here.
    This is already half of an argument you're going to be having in 2016.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Truth is, F_B, if he's really dumb enough to think of this as "victory for my stupid idea," they won't make it anywhere near 2016...
    In that case I'd put the over/under at 2012.

Draft saved Draft deleted