1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good idea... or GREAT idea!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by McNuggetsMan, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Mrs. Slydell and I walked out of the church to All You Need is Love By The Beatles. Not that that's a big deal, but we liked it.

But, after much prodding, I got her to agree to us walking into the reception to the Star Wars theme. And she surprised me with an R2D2 grooms cake. Fun was had by all.

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Oh, and I like the idea of Rafftery. But make sure that when you leave the rception, you have going SEND IT IN!

3. SEND IT HOME, JEROME!
    ...only if either of you is named Jerome, of course...

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

My best friend and his wife left the church to Kool and the Gang, "Celebrate."

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I say McNug has cajones the size of cantelopes if he trys to pass this idea past Ms. McGriddles. Bring the idea to the table, but be prepared with a Brian Griese-like option.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It depends. Are you looking for a way out?

Seriously, you know the bride to be better than we do. Can you imagine her saying yes? If not, is she cool enough to just laugh it off?

Some women get insanely stressed about this stuff and pretty damn pissed if you start messing around.

Then again, my wedding was something of a unique situation (no, not shotgun...don't ask), so what the hell do I know?

7. leo1

leo1 Active Member

mail order bride?

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I was going to go back and explain, but now I think it's much funnier to let y'all guess. Besides, too many people that I've worked with know the story, so I'd be outing myself.

9. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

That was my parents song. They're now divorced haha. I don't think that's a good omen for your sister.

Let me correct that, it wasn't their "song" but they both really liked it.

10. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Just make sure the DJ plays something other than AWB's Cut The Cake when you cut the cake.

11. donnie23

donnie23 Member

I cannot even fathom how much I would pay for this to happen at my upcoming wedding. The awesomeness is off the awesome scale.

12. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

go for it.

Draft saved Draft deleted