1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good idea... or GREAT idea!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by McNuggetsMan, Mar 20, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Oh, at some point of my reception, whenever it may come, the remix of Jagged Edge's "Let's Get Married" is getting played. Just for the beat and the Rev Run part.

2. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

OK so the basic consensus seems to be that this is a great idea from everyone on the Sports Journalist board right? (Well, except from SPNited who only seemed to latch onto the NY/NY Rafferty connection, surprise, surprise) Now, if i can get the same reaction from the "Reads Real Simple Board" I should be in good shape. Somehow, I think I am in trouble on that board.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

So is McNuggetsMan marrying McGriddles Girl? That WOULD be the obvious pairing.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Whatever song you choose, just make sure the band leader/DJ knows your name. My wife's parents unintentionally gave her and her sister names that rhyme. Our band leader was friends with their family. So when it came time to announce us and have us come into the room, he announced me & the sister's name. Wife & I looked at eachother in shock and refused to enter until he reannounced it using the right names.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I like the idea. My best friend at her wedding had favors of Terrible Towels. People loved it because they knew what a Steelers honk she is. I think she still has about 25 or so left over.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

If she says you can do it, and you do.......and she actually likes it.......you hold on to her.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

In that situation, it would go...

Clergy: I now pronounce you man and wife.
    Raftery: WITHTHEKISSSSSSSS!

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

mrs. shockey and i had the greatest intro EVER at our wedding reception. mrs. shockey worked for mlb at the time, so our wedding was chock full of sportswriters and mlb employees.

so, i arranged to meet with legendary yankees p.a. man bob sheppard -- the voice of god -- to have him tape the bridal party intro for us.

and that was how we entered the room. bridesmaids/ushers, maid of honor/ best man, and bride/groom, announced by sheppard.

we entered to much laughter, cheering and high fives.

try beating that one, class!! 8) 8) 8)

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

We can't. You win.

10. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

Yeah I think, ONIONS! might fight better in the bridal suite that night.

11. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

For my sister's wedding, my brother-in-law wanted to have played Elvis' Suspicious Minds (first line: We're caught in a trap), but my sis nixed the idea.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

You can bookend your plan by going out of the reception to Michael Buffer's "Let's Get Ready to Ruuuummmmbbbbbllllleeeee"

Draft saved Draft deleted