1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good God almighty

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Norman Stansfield, Aug 15, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh yeah, in New Milford, right? Some rich dude fed her into the chipper.

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

3. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

[​IMG]

Let's grapple! :D

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Tracy Ringolsby was fed into the chipper?!

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

This is pretty fucked up.
    The way I assume it went down was his leg gets sucked into it and then the rest of his body. So was his other leg in the machine also? Or did he have one leg in one leg out?
    Either way, that is an awful way to die because of the seconds when he knew what was going on before his body started to get shredded. I can't imagine being one of the "bystanders" and witnessing dude getting sucked into the chipper machine. Just terrible.

6. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I have people coming to work on my trees in a couple of days. Should I be worried?

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I just planted two palm trees, should I be worried? Of course, they are only 3 feet tall and it would be tough to fall inside of them, but still, should I be worried?

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

There's a tire plant in the town my shop's in. There have been several cases of people falling into bubbling hot vats of rubber -- or whatever they are.

I also saw a guy get his hand "degloved" in a press once. Then, saw another guy about a year later lose a finger in the same press.

9. Seabasket

Seabasket Active Member

The guy's name was Richard Crafts. He killed his wife, froze her body and then disposed of her by woodchipper. They found small remnants like fingernails along a river in Ct. I believe it was Newtown. The amazing thing was his first trial ended in mistrial, and he had to be retried. He got life his second time around.

10. joe

joe Active Member

Yeah, ask Sammy Sosa about that.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:VX9lmOMUSUQJ:query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html%3Fres%3D950DE3DD123DF93AA15754C0A96F948260+%22menominee%22+%22dairy+farm%22+died&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=4

This one was pretty bad, too. One guy slips into an uncovered manure pit at a U.P. dairy farm. Eventually, he's dead, overcome by fumes. Another guy slips in behind him. Same result. Another guy goes in to save the first two. Same result. Another guy goes in to save the first three. Same result. Another guy goes in to save the first four. Same result. Finally, they ran out of guys.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I have heard of similar deaths at big chicken farms. Yecch.

On the wood chipper guy, I'm thinking I might hit the off switch before using my leg to clear the pathway, but that's just me.

Draft saved Draft deleted