1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good gawd, it's frickin' hot!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kingcreole, Jul 17, 2006.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I never realized so many people live in places without a functioning air conditioner. Maybe that shouldn't surprise me, but it does.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

For the most part, I've been holed up in my basement like someone with agoraphobia and a meth habit to avoid the heat.

Finished basements rock during heat waves.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I just moved into a new house and the fuckers shut off the electricity while we were moving in 102 degree weather today. I called them and they said they can't hook it back up until Thursday, so no power and no AC.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Oh and next Friday ... is Hawaiian shirt day! [/billlumbergh]

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

i haven't stepped outside since saturday. thank goodness i work from home!!!

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Fierce thunderstorms just moved through Northern NJ and NYC... with a 20 degree temperture drop to low 70s.

I believe this is referred to as summer weather

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

It's hot here too.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

How hot is it?

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Is the really hot weather the reason the board was down for awhile?

10. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Nelly. Wow, I haven't heard that song in days.

I'm still in Indiana/Michigan after the Toronto outing, and it has cooled down into the 80s during the day here. I'm not looking forward to going home to Cali on Thursday since even way up in my north corner of the state the power is out, damn rolling blackouts. Down at school, it was 112 today, so the Central Valley drained the entire state's power.

11. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

No central air or heat in my apartment complex, so my two best friends are cold showers and a Big-Ass Fan.

The lack of humidity is a plus, too.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Why is Michael Clarke Duncan not offering up body parts for tents for those seeking shelter? :D

Draft saved Draft deleted