1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good gawd, it's frickin' hot!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kingcreole, Jul 17, 2006.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I honestly don't remember this many days in a row over 100. It gets 100 before noon and under 100 after 7.

My freshman year in college, we had a nice heat wave the first week of training camp. Nothing like doing Indian sprints at 3 p.m. in 105 degree dry heat while the goalkeepers do five-minute workouts before breaking for water.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Just checked my digital thermometer. It's 101.5º outside, and the temperature sensor is on the north side of the house inside the walkway, so it's gotta be 5º warmer out in the yard in the shade.

It's not cooling off much at night, which to me is worse. It was still in the 90s at midnight last night.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

BFE. If I didn't know better, I'd think you had an outhouse, too. :p

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

And just when I write, I hear thunder.

I look outside and there's a thunderhead about 10 miles away to the north.

So tantalizingly close. And yet so far.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Not only do I hate hot, my central air was broke over the weekend -- and it was over 100 Saturday and Sunday.

Repairman just left, and I am $1,000 poorer. :'(

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm playing golf at the ungodly hour of 8 a.m. Wednesday to avoid the brunt of the heat. :)

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hey bud.. since it's so hot, how about you cool down with a nice frosty mug of STFU... :D

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Man I love freon.

9. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Tried to get an 8:30 tee time last week. Only choices were 10:10 a.m. and 7:48. I sacrificed two hours of sleep to avoid the heat, but it was still upper 90s by the time I hit the 18th green.

10. the west is on fire, literally and figuratively. Cali hasn't had a day under 90 in what seems like a month.

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I haven't read the whole thread, but it was hot as fuck in Toronto, hotter in Niagara Falls and so hot I NEED A FUCKING HAIRCUT in my town.

We don't have air conditioning so right now I just about want to kill myself.

12. Xsportschick

Xsportschick Member

And my city is directly under one of those storms...my dogs are freaked out by thunder.

Draft saved Draft deleted