1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good gawd, it's frickin' hot!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kingcreole, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

[​IMG]

"Milk was a bad choice." (Best. Tatoo. Ever.)

Sorry to threadjack -- it's 96 here.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The National Weather Service is also reporting that it gets a bit chilly in January in many parts of the country so be sure to bundle up.

3. NotCalvinsKid

NotCalvinsKid Member

Honestly, being in NE, I'd perfer this than rain. For about a month and a half I felt like I was somehow transported to Seattle ... without the long hair and pot of course.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Was in a midtown-Manhattan hotel room Saturday night with the thermo set at 40, and the official room temp made it to 56.

Sweeeet.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It's been 95+ here for the last few days. Today it's only 90, but the heat index makes it feel like 98.

My thermostat is set anywhere from 65-70, and never above 75. My roommate and I both like it cold in the apartment. We're lucky our landlords pay the electric here, or else we'd be looking at a massive bill each month.

I hate it when I go back home for a weekend because my step-dad has the thermostat set near 80 and hates it when it's lower than that. It's always hot in my bedroom, even with the ceiling fan on full blast all the time.

6. OneMoreRead

OneMoreRead Member

Just paid our $385 electric bill.
    Temperature is at 99 supposed to reach 103 today.

7. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Just got back from a house fire. Had to wear bunker gear, of course. I'm drenched from head to toe.

Thermometer reads 110.

It is fucking HOT!

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

what's that game in the swimming pool when you're on someone's shoulders and try to wrestle someone off another person's shoulders?

9. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

"One area predicted to escape the heat plaguing the rest of the nation was to be the Northwest as cooler temperatures spread down the Pacific coast."

Thank God I live in the PNW. And not just because it is more beautiful than every other place in the country. Love the cliche's though...

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It's almost as pathetic as that time when I tried to play Marco Polo wtih Helen Keller

Marco!
    Marco!
    Marco!
    Marco!
    Marco!
    Marco!
    Marco!
    Marco!
    Marco!

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

96 here with a heat index of 102. Just another beautiful day in the south.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That's funny, but I do need to know the name of that game. Is it chicken? That doesn't sound right, though.

Speaking of Helen Keller, why did she ... ahhh, nevermind, I'd get in trouble.

Draft saved Draft deleted