1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good for you Barnes & Noble founder

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

good to see you're still posting caspar (weinberger), but if you think those words don't define your president's response to katrina, you're either fooling yourself, stoned or stupid. which is it?

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I don't care if he donates $40 million to Jerry's Kids, no weak-ass book chain gets my money.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Man, why did this thread really have to turn into a bash Bush fest? Seriously? I mean, I'm one of the biggest anti-Shrub people on this board, but aren't we losing sight of the good this CEO was trying to accomplish?

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Sure they define his response to Katrina, it could be argued that it's short-sighted to allow New Orleans to be defined by Bush. Those words in no way tell the whole story of what happened, both points of which have been discussed ad nauseum and with much acrimony on here, which, by the way, you have just perpetuated by calling me stoned or stupid. This thread's intent, unless I read it wrong, was to talk about the BN guy.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and you make some damn nice points. but my response was directed at pilot's outburst.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Boy do I feel stoned and stupid ...

7. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

Actually B&N is going to get some of my money in about an hour, after i'm done perusing the new paperbacks section. I hope I help build a nice deck for someone to sit on.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I already have, just for actual bibliophiles.

The big chain book purveyor is no better and no more principled than your average sack of shit newspaper publisher.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

in retrospect, i do see the overflow, now.

Draft saved Draft deleted