1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Good enough to work for The Plain Dealer" MAKES The Plain Dealer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jul 6, 2006.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Funny line from the PD story about the lawsuit:

"Gitlin said he was well-qualified to report for The Plain Dealer and had made it his career goal."

I'm well-qualified to report for The Plain Dealer!

2. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

An aside that ties in a couple different running plots here on SportsJournalists.com...

If I'm not mistaken, Gitlin, SportsJournalists.com favorite Jay Mariotti, Peter King and Plain Dealer Browns beat writer Tony Grossi were on The Post sports staff at the same time while attending Ohio University.

I would've loved to have sat in on one of those staff meetings.

3. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

I'm well-qualified to represent the LBC but you don't see me movin' to California... [/sublime]

4. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Is Kate McDowell the dumbass, who to prove a point about the "liberal" media, tells an editor out of the blue in the middle of a job interview that she was active in Republican politics? And then after she didn't get the job, ran crowing to everyone "See, see. I would have gotten the job, but then I said I was a Republican. That's why they turned me down!" I remember reading some Romenesko item about this silly-dilly woman who did that...

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Please don't change it. I watch it at least twice a day. I mean, if that doesn't sum it all up, then...

6. sportsed

sportsed Guest

There's no way that ruling (of MG having to pay the PD) is going to stick. It's a rare decision and there have been far more frivolous lawsuits thrown out where the plaintiffs didn't have to pay off the defendants.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

No, I believe she's the one who issued warnings about microscopic pieces of poop.

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

My favorite part of that article? The line, right before the writer's contact information, that says "To reach this Plain Dealer reporter:".

It seems like a final slap in the face to this guy, like his humiliation has come full circle. He's not good enough to work for The Plain Dealer, but someone who does is good enough to write about his dumb ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted