1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Good enough to work for The Plain Dealer" MAKES The Plain Dealer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jul 6, 2006.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Ah, the legend of Krystal Grow. Had it not been for her, a co-worker never would have gotten me onto this site.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That line always cracks me up. Good job by the Cleveland guy getting it in. Someday our buddy Ace will make it that far too.

And I'll take your Krystal Grow and raise you a Kate McDowell.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Who dat? Did I miss something? I've been pretty active on the board since August but my memory's failing me on her.

4. sportsed

sportsed Guest

There's no way Feran put that in there because of this site, is there? Don't get me wrong, it would be hilarious if true, but c'mon.

5. 85bears

85bears Member

The hire of Doug Lesmerises pretty much shot any and all credibility this guy might have had.

6. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

Not to be an ass, but the Chronicle belongs nowhere near the other three mentioned. In reality, the Plain Dealer is as good as the Chronicle, and that's not saying much, considering the resources both have.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've gotten a ton of PMs from people telling me how much they love it... If it's too gross for the consensus, I'll change it...

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I think it's amusing as hell.

9. leo1

leo1 Active Member

aw. how sad. i wonder if anyone here will get a PM from him now? i know several people got PMs from him when he first filed his suit and everyone here basically said he was an idiot.

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

It's fine. Much less offensive, IMO, than many of the sig pics we've seen around these parts.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It's not like I made it up or anything but I had that gif on my sig about a year ago.

Copycat.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm so glad I finally know what the heck that reference was about. It predates my arrival on SportsJournalists.com.

Now I realize this guy probably was an idiot and the fact that he got fired from his other job sure doesn't say much for him, but it's funny that we recently referenced the possibility of a white male suing a paper over something like this. This guy may have brought it on himself, but his story is exactly why you will rarely see it happen no matter how good a case the jilted candidate has.

Failed lawsuit. Public ridicule. Now he may get stuck for the Plain Dealer's court costs, too? Oh yeah, and how much you want to bet he never gets another job in the business?

Draft saved Draft deleted