1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good dog.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

We were talking at work the other day about a story of a burglar who shot a dog. The non-dog people were not moved and the dog lovers were all torn up. I said without hesitation that I would take a bullet for my dogs - my own two and my grandbabylab. And I would.

Hang in, HH.

2. HH --
    Dogs know no party lines.
    RIP to the Lab with two names.
    And, not for nothing, but I'd call the local enviro cops about that pesticide smell you noticed. Something's out there that shouldn;t be.

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

HH, any one of us who've lost a beloved pet understand exactly what you're going through right now. We lost our beloved family dog almost three years ago. Within a month, I couldn't stand not having a dog around, we had a new puppy. Not to take her place, but to join our family.

Condolences to you and your family.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

H2 --

I send you the heartfelt condolences of our small household.

5. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I'm so sorry....know completely how you feel (see "My cat just died" posted on 10/8/07).

In fact, I just got her remains back...she's in a lovely tin with that Rainbow Bridge poem on it that I can't read. The worst part is the birth/death dates on the top of it. Don't know what I'll do with her or why I spent $120.00 for a cremation, but she's on my dresser above my TV looking down at her favorite spot on the bed.

6. deadliner

deadliner Member

My condolences. We lost our 14-year-old Border Collie in May. I know how much it hurts.

7. KG

KG Active Member

HH I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

I gave my shadow dog an extra long hug after reading this post.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You have my deepest sympathies, we lost our Golden 14 months ago and I still miss her.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

my condolenses on your loss.. a beautiful tribute. Rest in peace Abby.

10. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

HH:

My deepest condolences.

After sobbing for five minutes (I guess I was overdue) I'm finally able to see the computer screen. I'm a cat person and I know I'll be a complete wreck when the time comes to say good bye to the family's two felines. Family pets are just that _ family. When we lose one, it hurts deeply.

Thanks for sharing your story about Abby ... damn, getting dusty again.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Condolences, HH.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Aye me, Henry ... I can't imagine life without my puppy. My sympathies.

Draft saved Draft deleted