1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

good dog, bad bad kitty

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by txsportsscribe, Oct 11, 2007.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

scoreboard for dogs!!

Dog saves family from fire blamed on cat

GREENVILLE, Maine (AP) -- Thumper, a black Labrador retriever, is getting credit for saving a Greenville man when a fire swept through his home.

Roland Cote said his wife and their 7-year-old grandson were away when the blaze started early Sunday in a converted two-story garage. He said Thumper grabbed him by the arm to wake him, leaving just enough time for him to dial 911 before fleeing the fast-moving fire.

While the dog is the hero, a cat is the bad guy in this story.

Cote said the fire marshal investigator believes the blaze was started when Princess, the family cat, tipped over a kerosene lantern. Cote says he and his pets escaped safely, but he says Princess did get her tail singed by the flames.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

take that, stan.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Meal fit for a king for Shep ... Stan, you sleep outside in the rain tonight.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

make it so.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Dogs rule! Cats drool!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I hate cats.

7. IU90

IU90 Member

No surprise. Dogs are good. Cats are bad. That's how its always been and will continue to be.

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Awwwww ... such a good puppy!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Flash

Flash Guest

LOL ... that was on the way to Jasper for Canada Day weekend. My hockey bag, full of clothes and supplies, tipped over and fell into his space. He had to make due until I could pull over and shift everything back!

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

As my mother used to say, "They're such SNEAKY animals" :)

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

paging SC.

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The family members are idiots. Everyone knows you don't leave any type of flame unwatched when you have cats around and I say that as a cat owner.

Draft saved Draft deleted