1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good deals on razor blades?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PopeDirkBenedict, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Last summer my wife bought me an old-fashioned shaving mug, shaving brush, single-blade non-disposable shaver with disposable blades from Germany. I cut the hell out of myself every day for a couple weeks before deciding I was retarded and wasn't getting a really good shave anyway. I use the five-blade Turbo, against the grain vertically, then horizontally and then with the grain. I do love the mug, soap and brush, though. Haven't used the aerosol shaving cream since.

2. Hell, I go at least a month as well. Gets a little painful toward the end of its tour of duty but not as painful as $8 a refill ...

Frank: If there's anything I learned from those three episodes of Queer Eye For The Straight Guy is "Don't shave against the grain" even if it does make your skin feel smoother ...

3. Frank_Ridgeway

Why? Will I turn gay?

I used to just shave once a day, with the grain, but I found most women prefer not to have their lovely faces and bodies sandpapered by my bristles. So although it can irritate my skin, I try to get a very smoothe shave.

4. I don't know. I just believe everything I see on TV. :D

5. Frank_Ridgeway

What did they say would happen? What? What?

6. Razor burn ... ingrown hairs ... zits ..

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I have heard a lot of debate on the subject (OK, that might be a stretch), but some people swear by storing the business end of a razor in a small cup of food-grade oil or a type of oil specifically designed for razor blades, saying it makes the blade last longer. Others believe in a magnetic thingy you can buy at Sharper Image.

Never tried either.

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Someone ask Joe Torre. He shaves three times a day.

9. Frank_Ridgeway

Actually, I miswrote yesterday. The five-blader I use is the Fusion, not the Turbo.

10. Gold

Gold Active Member

Add Cold Stone Ice Cream to that list... they spread coupons, 2-for-1 things... and then they charge $4 for a scoop.

And the name of the razor is Fusion.

Draft saved Draft deleted