1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good deals on razor blades?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PopeDirkBenedict, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

I (heart) the Mach 3 Turbo! haha. Really... they're awesome and so much better than those p&$$y-a$$ pink girly razors.

:)

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The Turbo is quite nice....for shaving.

For other uses? I hear stories. :)

3. Martin_Lane

Martin_Lane Member

Here's a question I'd never thought I'd ask here -- how long do you use the same razor blade? The Gillette Web site says essentially, "use it until it becomes dull." Thanks, guys.

I've usually gone a week with each blade just because it's easy to remember to switch on Mondays.

4. The Franchise

The Franchise Member

Because of the ridiculous cost of the newer and newer blades (3/4/5 blades), I recently made a stand. I looked at the prices in the store and said to myself, "No longer. No longer will I pay $12 or however much for four cartridges." So I bought a bag of the plastic, disposable razors, which each have 2 blades, for like $4. And I actually like them better. They're lighter, easier to clean, and more precise. Plus, I'm telling you, 2 blades is just as good as 3/4/5. You might not be able to use them as long, but they work just as well and they're much cheaper.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Once per week. Then again, I'm poor. I'd do twice per week if I could get away with it.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

(Pondering sxy's razor usage :eek: )

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Isn't that a question more worthy of the Playboy thread?

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If it's part of the job interview, by all means.

9. T2

T2 Member

Fifty years ago, before I ever started to shave, my grandfather (who had a skin problem) recommended a Norelco electric razor. That's what I use today. It shaves close enough for me and never nicks the skin.

10. Gold

Gold Active Member

I got the Gillette five-blade razor (Sensor?) for free. No kidding, it just came in the mail. I had used a couple of rebates so maybe that was why they sent it to me. This is the best thing since the invention of the wheel.

I think you can use a three or four-blade razor for about a month with no problem. The more expensive ones, in my experience, last longer.

Keep your eyes open for coupons and rebates. In the month before father's day, somebody will usually offer a rebate where they will mail you back the price of the razor. Of course, they want you to get hooked and keep buying the blades, but I usually managed to get one or two free razors a year. I also look out for the coupons and buy razors and store them up. I am taken care of until at least October of this year.

I tried electric razors. I found it always irritated my skin.

11. That's how I got mine, too ... it's the same philosophy used by drug dealers and AOL ... give 'em a little taste and they'll come back for more ...

12. Grohl

Grohl Guest

A month? Really? Is there some trick to maintaining blades that you'd be willing to share? I just started using the Gillette Mach 3 -- after using the two-blade Sensor for the longest time -- and while I like it, I still find myself changing blades about once a week. Suckers are expensive, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted