1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good Atlanta Eateries

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jake_Taylor, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Place called Oscar's (I think) in downtown College Park. But the rest of downtown College Park is scary, so be alert.

2. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

I believe it's Azio. On International Blvd., a half-block from Peachtree.

3. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Member

Down by the airport...The Brake Pad in College Park is good, as is Barbeque Kitchen. I would suggest riding north and driving up Peachtree. My favorites are Six Feet Under (near Turner Field), R Thomas Deluxe Grill (on Peachtree) and Bacchanalia (if someone else is paying).

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

For Italian, Fratelli di Napoli in Buckhead. Also, Maggiano's in Buckhead. Both casual. Both "real" Italian.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Unless you're going to the Dwarf House for lunch, Hapeville is not where you want to take the wife for a nice meal.... ;D

6. The airport is not in a cool part of town. So, no, there won't be much there in terms of fun dining.

7. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

I'm a big Fratelli fan, too, Luggy. Maggiano's you can eat anywhere, so go to Fratelli if you're in the mood for big-plate, family-style Italian when in da ATL.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

DING! DING! DING! Thanks!

9. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I will strongly second Highland Tap, along with Manuel's (especially if you are a democrat). Also, Moe's and Joe's is PBR heaven across from the Tap.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Time to put this thread to rest:

[​IMG]

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Does Manny's urn still sit behind the bar?

Great place. One night a bunch of us were running late after a game and we called over there - they asked what we wanted and had it ready when we showed up.
    Let me repeat: Great place.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you're welcome.

http://atlantasweethearts.com/

although i do think olivia is the pick of the litter.

Draft saved Draft deleted