1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good Atlanta Eateries

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jake_Taylor, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm going to be in Atlanta tomorrow night. The wife and I are going watch the selection show at our hotel then head downtown for dinner. Where should we go? I'm thinking Italian sounds good, but open to any suggestions.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I've had several good meals at Ippolito's there, but they're all in the burbs. Not sure if there's one downtown.
    You might find better choices in Midtown or Buckhead than downtown.

3. Zeemer

Zeemer Member

I'm a huge fan of the Highland Tap, in the Virginia Highlands area. You could watch Selection Sunday in the bar, then move into the dining room for dinner. Really strong, varied menu. Not Italian, though. Also, you'd be just a few blocks from the legendary newspaper bar Manuel's Tavern.

4. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Glady Knight's Chicken and Waffles

http://www.gladysandron.com/

5. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Sotto Sotto in Inman Park. Funky little Italian place in a funky little neighborhood.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

I've never had a bad meal at the Atlanta Fish Market in Buckhead. Just look for the giant fish out front.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

http://www.imperialfez.com/

World renowned Moroccan restaurant. One of the best meals I've ever had in my life.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

One place that's better than you'd think is Ted's Montana Grill (about a half-dozen locations around Atlanta). It's Ted Turner's place, probably should be more trendy and touristy than it is. But good food.

www.tedsmontanagrill.com

And any Atlanta food thread would be remiss without an obligatory mention of the Varsity. God damn, I miss those chili dogs. :)

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

And top'em off with a large FO.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

There is a good Italian place a block away or so from the Ritz-Carlton downtown. You go out the hotel, hook a right, go to the next light, make a right, it's on your left a block down.
    If I could remember the name or the street, that'd help. I'll look later when I get home.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

It's Peachtree. 8)

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestions. How about by the airport, anything good out there?

Draft saved Draft deleted