1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gonna see what all the fuss is about: Springsteen this Monday at Giants Stadium

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jul 23, 2008.

1. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

three hours-plus seems to be the norm for him lately. can't wait to see him when he hits nashville in august.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Great pics on the AP.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

30 songs and 3:15 seems about the norm recently.
    Incredible energy from start to finish tonight...opening with Freeze Out, ending with Rosie.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

what a show. as noted, 30 songs, 3:15 long.

bruce's catalogue is so great he can do a show this long -- 30 songs is more than even his best tour days in the late '70s, with no intermission and less fill-time talking -- that a night like this doesn't include personal faves like "thunder road," "candy's room," "racing in the street" or "out in the street." each wonderful concert songs

everyone's got their faves. his shaking up the set lists is why some folks go to two or all three of the giants stadium shows. you can bet he'll do the aforementioned songs in the next two meadowlands shows.

still don't know how these geezers do it.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Performance-wise last night's show was amazing. Easily gets an A
    Setlist-wise, I'd only give it a B+. The pacing seemed off in spots (and good pacing through a show is something you can always expect from Bruce) plus it included a few songs I don't really care for.

Would have posted sooner, but I got home at 1:45 a.m. and was too tired to do anything online. Just wanted to get some sleep so I could be recovered for tonight's show.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

to those who went last night -- how bad was the parking situation?

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Parking was a breeeze as far as I could tell. Got there at 4:30 went in off Paterson Plank Road by the racetrerack entrance, plenty of space in the lots right near Gate A...plenty of tailgating too.
    And it's the quickest way out as wel...I was out of the lot in 10 minutes after the show.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

It's easy to get out of there when they have preferred parking for senior citizens!

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

It's easy to get in and out of there when you grew up a mile from there and know the ins and outs.

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

OK, I'm off from work in Manhattan to the show.

I hope the fact they'll have two days to rest inspires another nice, loonnnggg show.
    I assume no opening act?

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

30 songs in 3+ plus hours? Yeah, maybe the opening act will be Bon Jovi!

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Cooler is loaded, bootlegs in the CD changer and I'm ready to roll

Draft saved Draft deleted