1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gonna see what all the fuss is about: Springsteen this Monday at Giants Stadium

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jul 23, 2008.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

No, I totally agree. It's not like he's Flo Rida or Lil' Wayne. ::)

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

If anyone wants to jump in last minute to see what the shows are about I have a pair available for Monday's show in Section 113 (I got a ticket for a decent section on the floor)

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

You know what I meant, Junkie.

Same set every night on each tour. Of COURSE they change the set from tour to tour.

4. EStreetJoe

If you have upper deck/nosebleed seats for Giants Stadium you might have a long walk to your seats as the escalators might not be working...
    http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/07/some_giants_stadium_escalators.html

5. EStreetJoe

T-minus 3 hours until I leave to make the hour drive to the stadium in anticipation of Sunday tailgating plus new stadium construction making things insane.
    T-minus 10.5-11 hours until the concert actually starts.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Every time Rolling Stone previews an upcoming tour with an established act the artist never fails to mention that it will be pulling out some songs that rarely get played live. Then you check the setlists and see they're full of shit, same old hits maybe mixed in with the dreaded acoustic set.

That's the great thing about Springsteen: you never know what you're going to get. He doesn't have to tell his fans that he'll be dusting off songs he hasn't played in years, he just does it. I thought the set list was great when I saw him in Toronto last October, I have been quite jealous of those who have seen some of the recent shows with their killer setlists.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Re: Gonna see what all the fuss is about: Springsteen this Monday at Giants Stad

Got tix for Monday and probably Thursday.

Hopefully, the thunderstorms will stop in time for tonite's show.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

A friend of mine just called to bail out on tonight's show.
    I have one extra in the nose bleeds if anyone in the NY/NJ area wants it.
    PM me now because I'm leaving in 15 minutes.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

for those of us giants stadium-bound within the hour, is this a rain or shine event? my ride's gettin' nervous. a game-time decision?

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hope everyone who was thinking of going made it. I"m standing in Sec. 6, just as Bruce is about to launch into...

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"Born To Run."

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Great show. 3-hours plus with barely a lull.

Draft saved Draft deleted