1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gone too long

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, May 4, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Welcome back, Double A.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Yeah, I saw some of the ugly discourse that went on, and am indeed grateful I missed it. A lot of this hit at once, including the posting of PMs to another member, and my view on this place was pretty negative.

I guess one of the lessons learned from that is it just isn't worth it, in many cases, to get into pissing matches with certain people on this board.

3. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

As everyone tells you and no one believes, the kid will grow up faster than you could ever imagine. So even if it means Blue's Clues instead of the NFL conference finals, you go with Blue's Clues, or with playing outside or whatever the kid wants.

Of course, that sounds like advice you eminently do not need........

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

finish, you're absolutely right on that one. I have happily foregone most of the NBA playoffs and my beloved N.J. Devils to watch old episodes of Tom and Jerry or to try and teach my son how to type.

5. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Well, all bets are off if there's another Devils-Rangers series.

6. rallen13

rallen13 Member

1994! 1994! 1994!

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

You both suck exhaust from New York cabbies. :mad: ;D

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You won't ever be compared to boots or JDV. Welcome back, AA.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Give the state the Devs are in right now Alley, I'd stick with Tom and Jerry. Far more entertaining.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Welcome back, AA. And glad to hear your household has a new (old?) permanent addition.

That's it from here ... S_P pretty much captured my thoughts in his first post on the thread.

11. rallen13

rallen13 Member

GO BLUESHIRTS!! At least it's 1994 and not 1940 anymore.

12. [​IMG]

Hello, sailor!

Draft saved Draft deleted