1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gone too long

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, May 4, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Greetings everyone. Just wanted to give out a quick hello and apologize for my absence (as if anyone here, actually missed me...). I've spent the last month and a half involved in some very difficult issues, the end result (and very pleasant result) is that I now have custody of my little man. It's been a tough time and I've stayed away from the board for a variety of reasons, the least of which has been I really haven't had the time or focus for it.

I'm glad to be back, though it's doubtful I'll be posting as much as I used to. And though I've been absent, I have, from time to time, kept tabs on what's been happening here.

Sorry for the attention whore-like thread. Carry on.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Welcome back, sailor. You've been gone so long I feel like you oughta fetch some brewskies.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Thanks Football. Was my absence really that long? <sigh> OK. I shouldn't have to ask, but what brand (I see it in your sig, but don't know the flavor)?

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Ooh, I'll take one of those, too!

Good to see you again, Alley. :)

5. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Congrats on the change in your parental situation. It must be a great feeling to have him around all the time now.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Despite the repeated emotional body blows involved in the whole custody thing, it ALL disappears when he asks me to snuggle on the couch for a couple of hours of Blue's Clues.

This last month has easily been one of the best in my life, for the sole reason that my love of my son and my desire to be a wonderful father are finally getting to take place at the same time, all the time.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Alley, good to have you back.
    But since you have the little guy with you now, you got someone a whole lot better to hang out with than the bunch of loosers around here.

Good for you.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Considering the amount of time I've spent on this board, and my total number of posts, I happily classify myself as an SportsJournalists.com looser, too.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

But some of us are good loosers .. you included

10. rallen13

rallen13 Member

WELCOME BACK, DUDE! Now, if I could just get Little Man's pic to show up on my computer (any computer, for that matter), it would be perfect. Just his, though. He's better looking than you are. (Just kidding of course.)

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

He is indeed better looking than me.

12. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

Welcome back Alley. Glad to hear your little guy is with you.

And if you happen to browse over some of the threads that have taken place over the past month and a half, I believe you'll be happy that you weren't around ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted