1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Golfing

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gehrig, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Just curious to know if anyone here plays golf on a regular basis? If so, what do you usually shoot in 18 holes?

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yep. Love the game. Constantly frustrating as its hard to put all facets of the game at optimum level at the same time. One day its great driving, great putting, but somehow the approach shots are off (yesterday). Another day, its cannot putt worth a damn. Hitting the ball better at 48 than anytime ever. Usually right around 80, a few strokes one way or the other.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The best golf I ever played in my life was when I was stretching a few times a week.

When the kid is out of daycare, I will be golfing again. Now, it's just 4-5 business rounds a year.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I understand; been there, done that. Kids are now 10 & 12 so its more manageable to get out on the weekdays after work.

5. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

I've been there many times. Very frustrating, but very fun. I've only started playing a couple of years ago, so I still have a lot of learning to do. My patience is getting a bit better, definitely got mad way to often if I wasn't playing well. I still have a slice to the right that I'm trying to improve. Any suggestions?

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I simply can't afford to play golf any more. I used to play 20 times a year. Now it's maybe three or four, and at least two of those are paid-for rounds (media days, etc.).

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Play once a month in season here, hit the driving range once a week, and play at least 18 every day I'm at my folks' place in Florida. Golf is one of those rare sports (basketball's another) where practice is fun.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Then what on the back nine?

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I play 2-3 times a week.

Low 18 hole round is 73.
    Low 9 hole round is 35.

Was -2 with three holes to play 3 weeks ago sunday. finished triple bogey, bogey, double bogey.

Crowd pleasing, beer inducing 74. (won 8 dollars though.)

11. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Ouch! That must of made you quite angry, but it seems like you're very good. How long have you been playing?

Draft saved Draft deleted