1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Golfer's Guide seeks Web Editor/Online Editor

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by McMahon, Nov 30, 2007.

1. McMahon

McMahon New Member

Web Editor/Online Content Manager
    Golfer’s Guide Marketing Solutions is seeking an energetic journalism professional to create and manage editorial content for its expanding Internet division. Applicants should have strong writing and reporting skills and be able to create and execute their own editorial calendar. Experience in writing for online publications and knowledge of golf are a plus. Please send resume and clips to jmcmahon@golfersguide.com or fax to 843 842-9387.

2. giantjay25

giantjay25 Member

Where is this gig located?

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I believe they are based in Hilton Head. That area code matches.

4. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

pay scale, anyone?

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

A buddy of mine sold advertising for them in one of their regional publications and it didn't sound like a gold mine. Perhaps it's different as a staffer on the editorial side, but I'd have to think the compensation is probably low on greenbacks but long on free greens fees. Maybe not a bad thing for the right person.

6. Kool-Aid

Kool-Aid Member

McMahon's a good dude. It's a solid publication and it's located in paradise. Granted you'll have to collect Coke cans for beer money, but it's worth the effort ...

7. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

This seems like a job well suited for telecommuting, no?

Draft saved Draft deleted