1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Golf Writers Wanted for BensGolf.com

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by bensgolf.com, Aug 24, 2011.

1. bensgolf.com

bensgolf.com New Member

Hi All,

BensGolf.com was established one month ago and currently has about 30-40 unique visitors per day, steadily increasing.

Some topics that we are looking for coverage:

Covering current PGA & European Tour tournaments
    Fed Ex Cup coverage
    Solheim Cup
    Opinion related articles (the more controversial the better)

Keyword Targeting Campaign: We are currently targeting traffic for the following keywords and are populating the site with articles relating to the below:

Golf Clubs the Pros Use
    Best Golfers of All Time
    Best Golf Courses

We currently have one paid writer who contributes 1 article every Sunday evening. We’re looking for 2 writers who can contribute at least 2 articles per week.

Pay is $60/month.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Ben

2. bensgolf.com

bensgolf.com New Member

***Edit***

Sorry my mistake: Pay is $60/month for 1 article a week, not 2.

so approximately $15/article.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

That much? Where do I sign up?

4. bensgolf.com

bensgolf.com New Member

Hey Stitch,

Thanks for your reply, I'll take it with a bit of tongue 'n cheek.

I'm simply offering what I can afford and I apologize if that doesn't meet your level of pay.

Ben

5. NQLBLQ

NQLBLQ Member

Where would you like people to send their stuff?

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Hey, where else can you write from your couch after you've read what people who are at the event have already written?

7. JPsT

JPsT Member

You have between 30 and 40 unique visitors a day and are offering money? Bless you, and good luck.

8. bensgolf.com

bensgolf.com New Member

@NQLBLG - if you're familiar with wordpress then I can enable a writers account for you and you would just upload content via the wordpress platform. If not, just .doc format to my email is fine.

@Hank_Scorpio - Surely you're not insinuating that all good writing must come from 1st hand experience and independent of other works? (although unrelated to Golf) MG Siegler wrote an absolutely beautiful piece today for techcrunch on Steve Jobs resigning and used other writers work as inspiration and reflection.

@JPst - I won't be quitting my day job anytime soon, but the site is only 4 weeks old and on a micro budget. The good news is I made 71 cents in revenue yesterday. lol

9. dawghtm

dawghtm New Member

your e-mail address doesn't work.

Draft saved Draft deleted