1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Golf producer, NBCSports.com

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Tom_Seeley, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Tom_Seeley

Tom_Seeley New Member

The newly relaunched NBCSports.com has an opening for a golf producer to coordinate the launch of the site's golf coverage from idea generation to content planning to implementation. This person will also work closely with NBC's on-air golf productions to create compelling broadband content.

The ideal candidate will have a strong golf editorial background, plus considerable online experience.

This is a full-time position with NBC Sports under NBC Universal and GE, and includes all the benefits you would expect with such a position.

Those interested in applying should follow the process on the NBC Universal jobs posting for this position:
    http://www.nbcunicareers.com/search/nbc_universal/results.shtml?Job=555323

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

They locate these producers all over the country. Some sports are in Seattle, aren't they?

3. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

My understanding was Stamford. Maybe run into Jim and the new girl at Chili's ...

4. Tom_Seeley

Tom_Seeley New Member

Sorry, to clarify ...

The position is based in Stamford, CT with the rest of our sport producers.

-Tom

5. Ira_Schoffel

Ira_Schoffel Member

Seeley,
    Sounds great. One question: How in the hell is anyone going to make the trek from Stamford, Ct., to the Vegas Cabaret? That's a long drive.

You move the home office to Fort Lauderdale, and I'm in. ;)

btw, congrats on the new gig.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Who's in Seattle, then?

7. The ad on their site says you'll write original copy, including athlete features? Does this mean you're just writing 4 grafs to top the challenge tour agate or will you actually have the opportunity to write some stuff of substance? How often? Where will most of the content come from, and will you only opine from your chair or actually get to travel at all to events?

8. Wow, Alan Abrahamson is one of their writers. Did he leave the LA Times (or was he bought out), or is he just freelancing? That's a big name there, a guy who did a lot of great work in Los Angeles.

9. Editude

Editude Active Member

I hear he did leave the Times for this NBC Sports gig and has not been replaced.

10. how long ago was this? did they offer him a lot more coin? i'm assuming they did.

11. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Correct me I'm wrong, but while lusting over Liz Claman watching CNBC last week, didn't I hear General Electric/NBC Universal planned to lay off hundreds of employees to trim expenses?

This sounds like I great gig, but I might tread carefully if that's true.

12. donaugust

donaugust Member

Yes, to bolster their digital media offerings. Draw your own conclusions.

Draft saved Draft deleted