1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Golf Job

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by partain, Sep 18, 2008.

1. partain

partain Member

From Journalism jobs.com

Company: WorldGolf.com LLC
    Position:
    Seeking traveling golf writer
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Negotiable
    Ad Expires:
    October 23, 2008
    Job ID: 978088

Description:
    WorldGolf.com Network seeks experienced U.S.-based golf writer to review courses, destinations, resorts, etc. Telecommute position. Heavy travel schedule (current team members average two weeks on the road per month and file at least five bylines per week). They also take photos and blog. In addition to knowledge of golf and ability to travel, applicants should have full-time experience with a newspaper or magazine. No phone calls, please. Apply online at http://www.worldgolf.com/contact/jobs/staff-writer-application.html

I'm certainly not looking to travel this much anymore, but there's got to be a few young guys here with no wife and kids that would see this as their dream job!

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Damn ... wish I was a better golfer.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I guarantee you there are more than a few older guys with a wife and kids who would see this as a dream job.

Gee, I'm sorry, honey, I'd love to install a new toilet and do all that landscaping, but I've got to catch a plane to Bermuda to play golf at that new resort they want me to review. I wish I could, but what can I do? Of course I'm not having fun -- I'm working.

4. thebigd

thebigd Member

This is a plum job

5. NCWCsports

NCWCsports New Member

Does anybody know what kind of pay usually is involved with this kind of job? I would do it for free if they are paying for me to travel the country and play golf.

6. JohnKeene

JohnKeene New Member

look no further i'm the man for the job

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Perhaps that's what they're counting on.

8. One of the golf sites had a similar postition a few yeras ago offering $30-$35K.

9. judd1535

judd1535 New Member

I was informed in recent days by some fella at World Golf that this gig has been filled. Back to the chipping green . . .

Draft saved Draft deleted