1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Golf is Easy...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Nov 10, 2008.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Went out yesterday with my two boys (9 and 7) yesterday to a Par 3 course. The boys have been to the range a handful of times and this summer we were in Yosemite and played a few holes at dusk (unbelievable that there is a course in Yosemite but its a great setting at dusk in the summer.) No lessons for either.

Well, on a 75 yd hole, my 7 yr old hits his driver (he swings it like a hockey stick) and it goes careening about 40 yds barely in the air then starts rolling and ....into the hole. Hole in one on his first real day on a course. Unbelievable. (I'm a 7 who has played for over 30 years and am still waiting.)

Golf is Easy...so says my boy.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Wow, that's fantastic.

When's he hitting Q-School?

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

He should quit now. It ain't getting any better.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

To echo pern's comment, Carl Hocker begs to disagree.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I admire your restraint in not strangling him. [/no aces in 20 years]

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I almost did that. Went on a college outing although I had never golfed before. Figured it was a good time to start. First hole was about a 120-yarder. I pull out a driver. Everyone was laughing at me. Having never even hit a ball outside of Putt-Putt, I'm like, what's the deal, I'm driving from the tee, you use a driver for that.

First swing I ever took on a golf course I planted the ball 10 feet from the hole. Too bad it didn't roll in. I would have immediately retired from golf.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

As someone who has twice had balls come to rest on the circle where the hole was placed the day before, I echo playthrough's sentiments.

9. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

10. Notepad

Notepad Member

I demand Kindred look into the validity of this claim.

Draft saved Draft deleted