1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Golf for the rank beginner

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Apr 28, 2009.

1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I used to be semi-decent in my late teens and early 20s. Then I took lessons in college and it all went to shit. At one point during my downfall I lost control of a club during a swing at a driving range throwing the club some 30 yards. It then smashed into a car in the parking lot.

Worst sports moment of my life.

2. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

So here's my dilemma: Have my folks ship out my clubs and leave my bag back home in NY. I'll then buy a new bag out here (CO). Or do I just buy a whole new set out here? Mizuno MP-30s are going for $200-ish on eBay and I'd have my folks ship my Tight lies 3 and 5-wood, putter and Vokey SW.

Basically I'm looking for the easiest way to get me back on the course soon. I'm worried shipping my clubs (minus bag) is going to be pretty expensive. I also wouldn't mind dropping some money on new irons. But, I do enjoy my irons I have now.

Gosh, what say you SJ.Nation?

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Tell 'em to ship the clubs. There's just no replacement for your own sticks, and you said you like them.

Shipping the clubs alone shouldn't run north of $25-30, methinks.

4. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I'd be shocked if you can do it for less than $75, but if you like them, I'd have them shipped.

5. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

shipping clubs is not that expensive.
    BTW, I got a brand new 58-degree taylormade wedge -- never been hit -- i'll sell you cheap. everybody needs a 58-degree wedge, ya know. I also got a slightly worn 49-degree cleveland wedge i'll throw in for an extra few bucks. Oh, and three vintage putters -- original TPM, old Wilson gooseneck and a ping anser.
    I can also sell you a set of vintage 1976 Staff blades, or the 59 macgregor irons, both so sweet that i'd hate to part with them, but I will for a price.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

Having an Everything Must Go sale there, 2under?

I am in the market for a driver I can keep in the fairway.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I got one for you... Hit it twice, then won an Adams from The Golf Channel and haven't hit it since. We'll talk next time you head to town...

8. John

John Well-Known Member

Outstanding. I'll be down in October, if not before.

9. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Anyone got a 56-degree cleveland RTG?

Draft saved Draft deleted