1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Golf Channel: nice choice of words

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by playthrough, Jan 8, 2008.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly Fuzzy lost a pretty damn lucrative (by 1997 figures) contract endorsing K-Mart.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Wow is this country in worse shape than I thought. What a bunch of whiny, whimpy, weak-kneed, crybabies we've become....

So let me see if I get this straight -- a commentator makes a mostly innocent, though, idiotic, statement on a broadcast seen by what 10, 20 people -- it turns into a national "outrage" because, well the whiners among us need to always be appeased -- and thus, a national publication with what, 20, 30 readers makes it the lead story --- and has a picture to go with said story that is actually very appropriate given the subject matter and this is cause for people getting sent to the firing line, losing their first born and yet another national outrage.

PEOPLE.GET.OVER.YOURSELVES.

Some day someone needs to explain to me how this idiot saying something stupid -- or her subsequent suspension -- does anything to move the discussion about race forward in this country.......

Draft saved Draft deleted