1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Golf attire

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Eagleboy, Jun 18, 2007.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Well, I only keep one button buttoned, so it's probably a pretty good bet that it's more fashionable to button them all. ;)

2. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

If you want immediate respect from both colleagues and the professionals, I highly recommend:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Jones

Jones Active Member

I always kinda made fun of guys who wear golf spikes. It's like showing up to cover a baseball game wearing a glove.

No matter what, they ain't letting you play.

4. I'm with you, Jones. No golf spikes.

Do you wear cleats to a baseball game?

5. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

I'm hoping you are being sarcastic.

Yeah, simple golf shirt and khaki shorts work just fine. Tennis shoes are a must, especially if you're going out on the course.

If it's going to be a long day, I slip an undershirt and deodorant in my computer bag for a quick change later. Helps me from avoiding that not so fresh feeling.

6. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Some golf clubs appreciate it if you wear spikes. They don't chew up the course as much

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

You mean this isn't a good look? Damn, time to hit Sears!

And golf spikes? Just watch wear you step.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

dress for success -- like this guy...
    [​IMG]

9. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

As much as what? High heels?

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

It's worth saying...the cell phone belt clip may as well be left at home because you should never, ever have the phone on the course. Whatever routine you go through to make sure the phone is always on your person, change it for that day.

11. True that. And if you decide you're going to put it on silent and hide it in your pocket, make sure to set it so it doesn't beep if you get a message, or you might get a 5-iron wrapped around your neck.

12. MonitorLizard

MonitorLizard Member

Yeah, the golf spikes thing was sarcasm. The only thing dopier than a reporter wearing golf spikes is the fans who wear them. What, in case someone gets hurt and they pull you out of the gallery to play?

Draft saved Draft deleted