1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Golden Globes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

It's the Golden Fucking Globes. Anyone who takes any of it too seriously needs to have their head examined.

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

"Ricky will not be invited back to host the show next year, for sure. For sure any movie he makes he can forget about getting nominated. He humiliated the organization last night and went too far with several celebrities whose representatives have already called to complain."

That's like Chuck E. Cheese imposing a lifetime ban on a fully functioning adult.

3. ChrisRcc

ChrisRcc Member

Gervais reminds me of Stephen Colbert at the White House dinner several years ago. Just picture George W. Bush with a Robert Downey Jr. face, and you have this year's Golden Globe awards.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, someone has to come up with ideas for NBC.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Just heard on ABC that the ratings were up 5% over last year.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If the Oscars wanted people to watch this year - they would hire Gervais. And Now. People are talking about the Golden Globes. I guess they forgot why they hired him in the first place.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If the HFPA are the starfuckers that everyone seems to claim they are, it wouldn't surprise me that a call from Cruise's or Travolta's reps would shake them to their core.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think his jokes about them taking bribes hurt worse.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I loved Gervais. I've never been a huge fan in general, but I laughed out loud SEVERAL times when watching it on DVR today.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I agree. I think some of his humor is overrated, but I thought he killed last night.

His movie "The Invention of Lying" was very funny.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

People love him when he's making fun of other people. Not so much when they are target.

12. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

If you've ever covered entertainment before -- or you someone who has -- you're certainly aware that these stars are completely coddled, never challenged and not held remotely accountable for anything. Athletes are 10,000 times easier to deal with.

Not surprising Gervais would upset them.

Draft saved Draft deleted