1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Golden Globes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Jan 16, 2011.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Is anyone watching? Ricky Gervais is certifiably insane. And January Jones is wearing an orange Ace bangage...as a dress.

Missed a lot of the show, but did catch Gervais talking about a couple of famous scientologist actors masquerading as straight guys. Yikes.

2. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

So that's why he vanished after the first hour.

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I watched my first awards show of my life, just for Gervais. He didn't disappoint.

The look Johnny Depp gave him made the entire night a grand success. Someone dared to not kiss his ass (and everyone else's in the audience, for that matter).

In the same way that Colbert at the White House dinner was ballsy, so was Gervais' performance. He called out the payola scandal, he popped egos, he was hilarious.

And he will never work another awards show ever.

Totally worth it.

And Betty Draper, folks...
    http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/ehgawyQ9EMC/68th+Annual+Golden+Globe+Awards+Arrivals/IFH6LTNeujg/January+Jones

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Golden globes, indeed.

5. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

I thought Gervais was great when he hosted last year, and even better this year.

6. Its the second time Gervais has done GGs, isn't it?
    His intro of Hanks and Tim Allen was fucking hilarious.

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Here's Ricky's rip-roaring open. His closer: "... and thank you God, for making me an atheist."

http://tv.gawker.com/5735192/watch-ricky-gervais-extremely-uncomfortable-golden-globes-monologue

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Homina-homina-homina..... :eek:

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Haven't seen a clip online, but Robert Downey's intro of the actresses in the category his was presenting was AWESOME. For those who didn't see it, the gist was an actress does her best work after sleeping with him... then he takes them to task for the excuses they gave him not to. Creepy, but funny.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Michele Pfeiffer looked good. If she's had work done, it's been skillful.

11. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Winner, Best Special Effects.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Holy shit. That was awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted