1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Golden Globes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Not once has that woman dressed well in public.

I think she must have a fantastic sense of humor. She can't be that tone-deaf.... in that business.

2. Simon_Cowbell

I've seen plenty of emotional speeches that struck me as genuine.

Her breathlessness for the award just struck me as off. Like she had forgotten that it was the Golden Globes.

3. Simon_Cowbell

I did find it amusing, the juxtaposition of Winslet winning for the Reader, when, on Extras three years ago, she said the only way she would win an award would be by doing a Holocaust movie or "playing a mental".

Then, Gervais made reference to that last night.

Good times.

4. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Do the Golden Globes never have a host? I thought it was weird that an awards show just started with a presentation last night, with no opening of any sort. After the fact, I wasn't sure if I had ever seen the Golden Globes show before last night.

5. Simon_Cowbell

I loved Tracy Morgan (I think) referencing the screwing of The Wire by saying the Emmys hate black people.

Draft saved Draft deleted