1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Golden Globes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Well crap, you're right. My fault :D

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't see Slumdog Millionaire winning the Oscar. That's not a knock on the film, which I really liked, but there's no obvious choice this year and a movie like Slumdog might play better with the foreign press than it does with the Academy.

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

angelina jolie looked like crap

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Don't forget ... Hollywood also loves dead guys!

5. zellweger = Lemon Face

6. Mizzougrad96

Zellweger has always been one of those actresses that looks incredible at one event and then very strange at the next. I don't think it's an age thing.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

She's a decent actress, but she cannot be sold to be as anything
    resembling a sex symbol. Don't even try.

8. That was the director.
    I was happiest that Laura Dern won for playing Katherine Harris, and that Colin Farrell won for In Bruges, which I liked despite the fact it was in theaters here for about 11 minutes. I am told by critic pals of mine that the reason the GG's get a great turnout is that it's one of the few events left that has an open bar. Brendan Gleeson looked like he found it.
    Giamatti was damned charming.

9. Mizzougrad96

The Golden Globes are usually a lot more entertaining than the Oscars because very frequently more than a few people who are accepting awards are more than a bit loaded.

The Oscars are much more prestigious, but are also a lot stuffier.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This isn't about the girl who isn't Tebow's girlfriend?

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Although I heart Kate Winslet, my favorite part of the night came right after her weepy, kiss-blowing, my-god-I'm-so-blessed-to-work-with-geniuses speech, when Rainn Wilson came to the mic with the chick from Gossip Girl and said, "We're TV actors!"

12. Flash

Flash Guest

I guess, then, you are an old hat at winning awards and far more composed during your acceptance speeches.

Draft saved Draft deleted