1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Golden Domers under investigation for academic fraud

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Aug 15, 2014.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

...according to Yahoo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--notre-dame-investigating-potential-academic-fraud-that-could-involve-football-players-174318867.html

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Based on Golson case you can't say that ND does not have a good track record
    in how they handle honor code violations.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They just don't seem to have a good track record on preventing them in the first place.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Actually having an academic honor code seems to be working against them.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

"Don't fucking cheat" doesn't seem to be a particularly unique academic honor code.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Well at least one of these wasn't involved so they have that going for them.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

Yeah Notre Dame isn't much of an "honor code" school. It exists and you have to sign a thing before your exams stating you are abiding by it, but it doesn't really define university life. "Don't fucking cheat" is how most of us thought of it but there were all sorts of stupid shit that was banned that no one followed.

For example, it was against the honor code for someone else to proof read your essay for you. That's a fucking stupid rule that no one followed.

I'd argue that a really strict honor code goes against being a truly catholic school but whatever, that's beside the point here.

Fucking idiot football players cheated. Toss 'em for a semester. Daniels is probably completely done since he already got tossed for a semester.

10. Rinse and repeat with every college in the country.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

UVA has considered allowing students accused of a single sanction to admit guilt and leave the university for a year rather than face expulsion.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I did a little academic song-and-dance at The Citadel (The Sentinel for you House of Cards fans) in late March. That school's noted for its honor code. While I was waiting outside the bookstore for my hosts to pick me up, I was really struck by how casually those cadets left their briefcases/satchels (with laptops, smartphones, etc., inside) lying around. You'd never see that devil-may-care pattern at any other school I've taught at or visited.

Draft saved Draft deleted