1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gold medal skater's visa revoked by China

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Aug 6, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Their actions are obviously unwarranted, but they can get away with it. What consequences could they possibly face for pulling shit like this. I don't even blame China at this point. I blame the IOC for giving the China the chance to fuck up the Olympics.

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Question: Was Abby Wambach allowed into China, now that she's not playing? She was probably the highest-profile active U.S. Olympian (at least before breaking her leg) on the Team Darfur roster.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/cycling/news?slug=ap-cyc-cyclists-masks&prov=ap&type=lgns

Are these guys next in line to get the boot?

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

That's it. I'm personally boycotting the Olympics.

Granted, my shop wouldn't cover them anyway, but I don't want to hear any more about the games.

Fuck the Chinese government.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I've never been less enthused about an Olympics that I am about this one. Maybe it's because I have a feeling there will be a mass protest in Tiannemen (sp?) Square and NBC will just decide to show a goody-goody feature on how GE is providing the lighting for the Games.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Once you get to Beijing, watch what you say ...

http://gizmodo.com/5033674/every-taxi-in-beijing-bugged-with-gps+tagging-microphone-for-instant-surveillance

Draft saved Draft deleted