1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going to Pittsburgh this week ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Feb 15, 2016.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Any tips on where to eat downtown or where to go for some good live music? (Good music: classic rock, blues, etc. Not the junk the kiddies listen to these days.) Thanks!

2. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Fat Head's Saloon isn't in downtown (south side) but isn't far, either. Great beers, the smoked wings are outstanding and the sandwiches are massive and tasty. Only been to the Pittsburgh location once, but have visited the flagship in Cleveland several times. They don't brew on-site (all the FH beers are from their production brewery outside Cleveland) but have many of their own brews along with a very credible guest tap list (if you're into that beer thang).

Other than that, I got nothin'. Been a few since I've visited. Really want to make a PNC Park visit soon.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Strip district ... pierogies. That's all I got.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Fat Heads is excellent. Great choice if you don't mind straying from downtown a bit.

I'm partial to Mineo's Pizza in Squirrel Hill, but that's a bit out of the way from downtown. I lived there more than half of my life and rarely ate downtown.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Funny how some cities have lots of live music choices and other big cities have very little. Not sure where Pittsburgh stands.

6. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Was in Pittsburgh a year ago this month and didn't really find any live music downtown. I won't have a car but I guess I could cab it.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted