1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going to London in September...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sconnie, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

I plan on going to Fulham because they have so many Americans on the roster. I think it was four last year, and I think it might be five or six this year. I plan on just sucking it up and paying, but I was wondering if anyone knew a cheaper way...

Anyone else have any "must go" pub selections? I've already got a pretty good list of restaurants and pubs, but I'd be interested in any first-hand nominations.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I would also advise very strongly against being tempted to try and find tickets from any sort of non-authorized source. There are certainly authorized resellers out there, but it is not a country that looks kindly on black-market ticket sales.

3. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Actually, it won't be. Unfortunately the once five-strong Fulhamerica brigade is now down to three -- and possibly two by the time the season rolls around. McBride is coming back to MLS, Fulham released Bocanegra in May, and Keller may be done there, too. Eddie Johnson and Clint Dempsey will probably be the only two Americans there by the time next season rolls around.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Try the Friend at Hand Pub at the Russell Square Tube stop. Or at least go by and see if it's still there. I hung out there when I last visited London 20 years ago. Very friendly place.

Draft saved Draft deleted