1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going to Comiskey (a.k.a. The Cell)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sconnie, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

The wife and I are venturing south to take in a White Sox game on April 26. I'd rather not pay $20-something to park at the stadium. Any suggestions on a good place to park and walk or park and ride the train? We'd be coming into Chicago from Rockford.

If it matters, the game is on a Sunday afternoon.

Thanks for any help

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You could take the subway train thingy.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

That would be the el. And I definitely recommend it. One station is right on the Cumberland exit of I90. It's just after the 294 exit. That's on the north side though, so it would be a long el trip, but I think the parking's free and it's right on your route. Some other el stations have parking so you can look for another one closer to the park. Taking the el is also nice because you can get some dinner in the city on the way out.

4. bigblueman

bigblueman Member

What Jake and Elwood said. Although parking is $4 for 12 hours. It's an easy in and out traffic wise.

Buy the one day fun pass for $5.75, and you can go anywhere in the city after the game, too. Using buses sometimes can cut down a long train ride.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You're definitely going to want to update your tetnus shots before you go.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Don't you need a passport as well?

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Good parking can be found west of the stadium for $5-10.

Easiest in/out, IMO, is to take the Stevenson Expressway (I-55) into Chicago. Take one of the last exits before the Dan Ryan/Kennedy merge and go a few blocks south to 35th Street, then cruise toward the stadium. You'll pass by lots of good eats along the way.

Have a good time at the game, and Go Sox!

8. Armchair_QB

No.

But don't drink the water.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Take some firearms.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I have heard that the White Sox do provide complimentary oxygen tanks now for those seated in the upper deck.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Make sure to get a fanny pack for your meth and other valuables.

12. Armchair_QB

Also, there is a two tattoo minimum required for admission. And at least one must be above the neck.

Draft saved Draft deleted