1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going to Columbus ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Mar 14, 2016.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Anybody got any tips on good restaurants or bars with some good music? (Music such as blues or classic rock.) Thanks in advance.

2. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Which one?

I assume you mean Ohio. I suggest you check out German Village. It's a neat area with a lot of great restaurants, Schmidts Sausage Haus is great (if you like that cuisine) and Thurman's has the best burgers on the planet. I can't really help you with bars, not my scene. But there's a ton in German Village and the Short North area that's just south of Ohio State.

German Village
    Short North

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Was coming here to post about Thurman's. I definitely second that suggestion.
    I'm also a fan of public markets, so I'll suggest checking out the North Market: North Market | Columbus, Ohio

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Coincidence is a big part of my life so ... these chicks came to the gallery just now. One goes to Bennington College. Her bestie goes to Ohio State. They grew up in ... Columbus.

Told them about someone I know who asked for Columbus suggestions ...

1, Food: North Market "for the full Columbus experience
    2, Drink: Forno or the Pint House
    3, Chicks: Short North

Hope this helps.

(We have a chalk vault here. They had some fun repping.)

IMG_0301 copy.jpg

6. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Columbus, Ohio, yes. I'm definitely going to hit Thurman's and the North Market. Thanks for the tips.

amraeder likes this.
  7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Do the people who order the vegetarian hot dogs at Dirty Frank's think they are better than the customers who order the all beef?

Draft saved Draft deleted