1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going off on a Dairy Queen employee......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, May 5, 2008.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

I live about 2 blocks from a local Dairy Queen......I go through the drive-thru and pick up a cone and a Dilly Bar. (Kid got some free coupons for said cone and Dilly Bar.)

I have about a 15-minute wait; (Lobby was already closed)

So, I place my order, wait.....I finally get up to the window, and this girl who looks like she's had one or eight too many Blizzards looks at me and growls and says (while wiping ice cream off her cheeks;) "What did you have again?"

I said "A small ice cream cone and a Dilly Bar"

She slams the window shut, makes a small cone, finds a Dilly Bar that looked like it had some sort of cancer on it, basically throws them at me and says "Here"

I politely say "Thank You"

Her response: "Yup" as she slams the window shut again.

I wanted SO, SO bad to unleash a tourettes syndrome type lashing on the girl, whom I will affectionately refer to herefore as "beanbag", but I declined.

Why? The ball was there on the tee, and instead I get back in the damn cart.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Chef, do you suffer from: "intermittent explosive disorder?"

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

One too many drunken nights of self-surgery?

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

No.

Some people just piss me off.

No way, dude.

Not enough nights of drunken self-surgery.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Did the coupon say you'd get a non-cancerous Dilly Bar?

Pretty demanding for a freebie, aren't we?

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Another sign of impending doom.

Call me an old man (I'm 36), but there are few things that piss me off more today than having some rude little high-school prick or bitch wait on me and not say 'Hello' or 'Thank you' or 'Have a nice day' when I'm in their place of employment, acting like they're doing me a favor by simply tolerating my presence.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Call her manager. That's what I usually do.

8. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I've gotten this kind of treatment before, and when they brought the food, I just said, 'Nah, you go ahead and keep it. I'll go elsewhere.'

They don't care, but it makes me feel good.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Speaking of that, how's the old toe doing?

10. Did beanbag have any body piercings?

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I agree. But if you're the type to make those calls, then also be the type to call a manager and tell him/her when and who also gave you excellent service every now and then. Those are the type of calls that -- when they get back to the floor employees -- are more likely to lead to kids learning to be good employees.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Indeed, I do that, too. Matter of fact, I stayed at a hotel in Edmonton last month and didn't receive the wireless internet service as promised in the reservation. Although I registered my complaint, I gave the night clerk a glowing recommendation for her attempts to resolve the situation.

Draft saved Draft deleted