1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going BANG on the interstate

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

is that you, mrs. petty?

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My money's on 81. He said stopped traffic.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Shot, hope you're OK. Had that happen to me about ten years ago.

4. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Shotty,

Do NOT let the insurance company settle with you until you know you are OK. They are gonna want to give you a check and tell you that when you cash it, you have agreed to settle.

You are going to want to make sure that you are healthy (like your back and neck for instance) before you settle. If you have to go to the doctor, they gotta cover that too.

Good luck.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Shotty -- sorry to hear about the accident, but glad to hear you're ok.
    Hopefully you're not waking up sore this morning.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I echo what Legume said.

Don't settle until you are ABOLUTELY SURE you are fine. Even if it takes months. I know people who are still in pain after what appeared to be a small rear-ender.

Also, depending on your state, insurance companies sometimes give out two checks. One for the car damage, which usually comes pretty quick, and one (eventually) for the medical bills. You can cash the car one, and it won't affect your medicial claim, depending on your state.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you're doing OK, shottie.

May the Codas flip her the bird.

8. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Three (well, I guess four) words: soft tissue injury/whiplash!

I got nailed by a car hauler several years ago, didn't think much of it. My F-150 had little damage from it, and I did see him in the rearview and knew he was coming so I braced. However, I still have neck pain from the incident almost ten years later, and wished I would have pursued that angle of the accident.

Don't sign anything without full consult of your docs and possibly an attorney as well.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Neither, actually, Northbound I-83, just south of Harrisburg.

I can't believe how not terrible I feel this morning. No back soreness, no neck soreness, only problem from the arm is that the brushburn stings. Yes, I know that's no guarantee there's nothing wrong. Going to the doctor at 1:30.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Good luck, shot. My dad's F-150 got totaled when a guy just plowed through a stop sign. No injuries to anyone. No one even sore.

It had about 20,000 miles and with the insurance money he wound up buying a nicer, newer truck and getting money back, so it works out sometimes.

11. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Every time I see this thread I think it says "Gang BANG on the interstate"

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That is good to hear, Ace, because I talked to the body shop, and the guy said, "She's a-goner."

I'm viligant right now about getting what's coming to me, and it's not a bad position to be in, knowing in my heart that I did nothing wrong, from the accident itself to securing the right information right through the insurance interview.

Draft saved Draft deleted