1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going BANG on the interstate

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Ahh, forgot that it was football tab time.

Well, at least take lots of pain medication -- something I'm sure you'd like to do during tab time anyway.

2. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Shotty, glad you're OK.

Had a similar instance a few years ago very similar - though not on an interstate and not as (presumably) high a speed. The asshole had a suspended license and multiple open beer bottles in his car; and had the balls to pull up and ask to just exchange insurance info (which, amazingly, he did have).

We got rammed pretty good, so I was surprised I wasn't all that sore the next day. Here's hoping you feel as good as I did...

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about all that, Shot. Glad you seem to be OK.

Have the Kelley Blue Book ready with the options you had on the wrecked vehicle. Cannot let the insurance company lowball on the settlement.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Already did, my friend, with suggestion of a co-worker. I should be getting $5-6,000 for it, I think.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i was hoping for the opportunity to tell BYH to blow it out his ass for my 22k post, but damn, i'm glad you're doing OK, dog.

take friday off. you will be sore.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

We'll see. I ain't no hero. ;)

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Good work. Someone sideswiped my parents a few years ago. The insurance company was pretty insulting, and had to come up more than $3,000 after realizing their client hit a six-month-old vehicle with a few options on it when they armed themselves with an updated KBB.

8. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Jesus, shot. Glad you're (mostly) all right.

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

First off, glad you're OK, blah blah blah ... :)

Your post reminded me of something awesome. Years ago I had an Accord (best car I ever owned) and had driven it with some family to Christmas Eve church service. They get into the bible readings of the Christmas story and the minister says "and they were all in one accord."

I leaned over to my mother and whispered, "Funny, that's how we got here, too." She went into a laughing fit and had to leave to compose herself. It was some of my best work.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i've read you. yes, yes, it was some of your best work. ;)

11. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Nice, AB, turn Shotty's woe-is-me thread into one about you. ;) Good story, though.

Shot...glad you're mostly ok and good luck dealing with the insurance folks, no-fault state or not. (I'm with joe on that...never heard of it before. Sounds/looks dumb, IMHO.) Good luck tomorrow, too.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Every time I think your assholishness has maxed out ...

Draft saved Draft deleted